Paneer made without onion and garlic is an easy and tasty addition to our Navratri/Vrat recipes. Usually we always think of Potatoes, Sabudana,Kuttu flour(buckwheat) and Singhare ka atta(chestnut flour) when we think of fasting, but they are all so high in carbohydrates!
As always, I am on the lookout for healthy, lowfat, high protein meals and paneer made in a tablespoon of oil fit the bill perfectly. My daughter also fasts along with us, so I have to come up with tasty and different recipes for her
The dish is not only tasty, it comes together in 15-20 minutes. We ate this with Rajgira-Aloo paratha and Vrat ke dahi vade. I have compiled a Collection of Navratri/Vrat Recipes , and sharing my link for Navratri Parshad-Halwa,Chana and Puri. Do try out my popular Sabudana Appe with Paneer Filling.
Here is the written recipe followed by the step by step pictorial one-
Made in a spoonful of ghee without any onion,garlic cream or nuts,this is a great recipe for vrat/fast.Its high protein,low fat, tasty and simple.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 14 oz/400 gms Paneer cubed or cut into triangles(vegans use tofu)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger,minced
- 1 tsp green chilies, minced(optional)
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee(oil for a vegan option)
- salt as per taste
- Wash tomatoes and puree them in a blender.
- Heat pan and add ghee to it. Add Jeera/cumin and let it crackle.
- Add ginger and green chilies and cook for few minutes.
- Add pureed tomatoes and salt,stir for few minutes.
- Add little water and cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Add Paneer pieces, give it a boil and its ready to be enjoyed.(vegans use tofu)
Dont cook the paneer too long, it will become hard. You can also blend a handful of soaked cashews for a creamier,richer taste.
Here is the step by step pictorial recipe-
Puree tomatoes in a blender
In Hot ghee,add jeera/cumin, when it crackles, add ginger and green chilies
Add pureed tomatoes and salt,stir for few minutes.
Add little water and
cover and cook the tomatoes for 5-10 minutes on medium/low, then add paneer
let it come to a boil
Please like my Facebook page to continue to get healthy,easy and tasty recipes from me.